Monday, June 20, 2011

You say it's your birthday...

Yep, I hit 29 on Saturday. Last year of my twenties (obviously, but phrasing it that way gives me a strange sense of bemusement).

Had a few days' worth of lovely celebrations, including a picnic at home, and a 6am walk in a thunderstorm in the empty city centre. Wonderful gifts and lovely messages friends, it's been perfect; everything I could wish for.

Have a few pictures of the nicest things:


The picnic hamper. Peppa Pig plate, knife from my grandparents' wedding present set, beautiful handmade blanket from a "loppis" - garage sale - at Hornstull in Stockholm (can you believe it was just 20kr - about $5?! )



Glorious chicken and ham pie. Made by one of those organic farms who raise and use all their own meat and make everything by hand and oh my, utterly, absolutely delicious.


Old-style English fondants, from the institution that is Fortnum & Mason


The bear from the Animal Wall by Cardiff Castle. Their eyes are glass, and the animals are beautifully expressive!


Bute Park, 6.15am. See how one of the trees is already turning; stunning...

So, that's birthdays covered for everyone for a while now! I have a long straight with no plans in my way ahead of me, and I'm determined to knuckle down to my exercise and my writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment